Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Raising A

Some new stuff A has been impressing us with, that I don't want to forget with the days...

This morning, A was snuggling with mumma and trying to bargain to stay at home - not go to the daycare. Our conversation went kinda like this...
A (almost pleading): "No Sukh aunty"
Me: "Baby, we r home right now - but in some time mumma has to go to the office, and you gotta go to...Suk.."
she cut me off
A: "only mumma and daddy and baby time"
Me: "Nah A, after some time you have to go to.."
she cut me off again!
A: "Shunday?"
Me: "No Sonu, it's Tuesday today"
A: "Shatuwday"
she proclaimed contently! ;)

Ahh.... How cud I argue with this little devil who already knows that Saturday and Sunday are mumma daddy and baby days? I sooo wish I cud turn it to a 'Shatuwday' for her sakes!! Sometimes it feels so vain - this waking up and heading to work dropping ur baby in someone's care routine... but then in a moment she is up to something else... ordering mumma around for meeyoooshique and doshaa and string cheese all at the same time!! And I know - I gotta take a breather, or it's not gonna feel all so cute for too long ;) Plus she's learning really cool stuff at the daycare - we couldn't believe our eyes when she almost went into a 'soorya namaskaar' the other day.. claiming it was 'eksherchaise' And the fact that she refuses to come out of the daycare at pick up time - rather wants to drag me in there to play with her, is testament enough that things are generally going in the right direction.


This is about something that happened last evening...

S never really gets to boast much about new stuff he taught A or something she did for the 1st time.. I usually jump in to say - "yeah!! she's been doing that for a while now!" without realising it'd mean a lot to him to think that he was the first one to see it. It always occurs to me a tad late that I can let him savor that feeling. Not this time though.

I was out last evening for some dance lessons when the father daughter duo were at home. She is always well behaved around him - he can surf the web all he wants, while I can't even glance at a laptop with her in the vicinity. Turns out, last night our little miss obedience was asked by her dad to go into another room and turn off the music, then come back to sit with him while he read to her. And she did exactly as she was told!!! It was a pretty big deal to us - that she listened.. that she understood.. that she complied!! She is growing up wayyy to fast!

I came home to one happy kiddo and a beaming dad - for him, I am glad I wasn't around :)

1 comment: